After Extraction and Bone Grafting
- A gauze pack has been placed over the extraction site to prevent bleeding. Keep pressure (biting) on it for 30-45 minutes. If bleeding continues, place a new gauze pack over the extraction site and keep pressure on it for same length of time.
- Slight bleeding may occur up to 2 days. Do not be alarmed.
- Avoid smoking for 48 hours.
- Drink liquids from a cup without straws for 48 hours.
- Do not rinse your mouth today. Tomorrow rinse your mouth gently with a glass of warm salt water (half teaspoon of salt) or PH Structure Silver Water. Repeat up to 3-4 times a day, especially after meals.
- If you have been prescribed any medication, be sure to use all medication as directed.
- A light diet (soft foods) with plenty of fluids is recommended, the first day. Avoid carbonated or hot beverages. Chew foods on the opposite side of your mouth away from the extraction site.
- If swelling develops, place an ice pack over the swelling. Keep the ice pack ON the site for 10 minutes and keep it OFF for 15 minutes.
- Continue brushing and flossing as usual, being extra gentle near the extraction site.
IF BONE GRAFTING AND PRF APPLIES:
- Chew on the opposite side for 2 weeks
- It’s normal feel stray granules/particles from surgery site.
- DO NOT touch surgery site or pull on sutures.
- Brush away from surgery site for 2 weeks.
- Use PH Structure Silver Water provided, gently gargle (2) twice a day morning and night for 30 seconds and swallow it.
- Return in (2) weeks for post op and suture removal.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email or call the office.
Dr. Yoshida’s emergency phone # is on the voicemail (510) 745-1800.
Email: colin.yoshida @yahoo.com